Dating Tips

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sample Online Dating Email Messages


Lately I have been getting really good at having great flirty conversations on PlentyofFish. I’ve found that the most successful email message exchanges, regardless if I initiate contact with the girl or she does, is all about banter.
What do I mean by “banter?” Well to put it simply, it’s a kind of humorous, [...]


Related posts:
  1. 7 Bad Examples of Dating Email Messages

  2. Anatomy of a Good PlentyofFish Email

  3. Announcing the 45 Day Online Dating Challenge

  4. Social Proof in Online Dating Profiles

  5. Plenty of Fish Password Email


Lately I have been getting really good at having great flirty conversations on PlentyofFish. I’ve found that the most successful email message exchanges, regardless if I initiate contact with the girl or she does, is all about banter.


What do I mean by “banter?” Well to put it simply, it’s a kind of humorous, playful, seemingly spontaneous conversation in which both parties are in good spirits. It is also kind of like teasing in a sense, you know, like when you were a little kid on the playground and that girl or boy would punch you in the arm for no reason, it’s because he/she really had a crush.


I’d like to share one sample conversational email thread with a cute girl who had actually contacted me, asking a simple question about my dating profile, which is filled with interesting conversation bait as any good online dating profile should. The names and certain details have been changed to protect the innocent and not so innocent (I’ll let you decide who’s who:-). Also, I will be adding my own commentary afterward in the blue writing to explain what is going on in my diabolical mind.


Email Message #1: From Jane


I’m curious how your marathon went. Did you find minimal padding was ideal or were you aching afterward?

You seem very unique, and interesting.


~Jane


Now right off the bat, I have a cute girl contacting me all because I put in a ton of effort into my dating profile. There’s all sorts of interesting stuff that I’ve written and re-written, one of which is about my running/marathon hobby that baits her into sending me the first email message. Also note that she calls me “unique” and “interesting” so you know that I’ve got her attention, which makes the whole process a heck of a lot easier.

Email Message #2: From Me


Hi Jane,


The marathon went well and though I was sore afterward, the recover was shorter than usual. I do believe that minimalist shoes allow your feet to move more naturally and is beneficial to creating a more efficient foot strike. I’ve done a lot research and self experimentation in this area; it’s pretty interesting stuff. Are you a runner?


Also, I’ve been trying to figure out what the heck that costume is in the third picture of your profile… lion king outfit??? :)


-Matthew


Ok, there are two parts to this and both are pretty important. Most guys royally screw up here by either saying something sexually offensive or spilling their guts with a boring ass life story, possibly professing their love for this girl that they haven’t even met.

First thing I did was to answer her question briefly but also in a way that shows I know a lot about my hobby, running, without being arrogant. Second thing I did was to make sure I ask her a question or two. This step is important because it allows her to easily continue the conversation and keeps things moving. Also, if you ask her a specific question about her profile, it shows that you actually read it and paid attention to something other than her boobs!

Email Message #3: From Jane


Amazing, but I suppose it shouldn’t be so surprising. In high school I was forced to be a runner, and sort of continued after but to a much lesser degree.


I have nooo idea what it is, it has horns so maybe a mountain goat of sorts? I was in charge of organizing an attic full of costumes that the high school drama club and the local community theater uses and…that happened :-P .


~Jane


Ok good, she took the bait from the last email message and responds with some more interesting things about herself, yet still she doesn’t do much to keep the conversation rolling, so in my next email I’ll have to get more creative.

Email Message #4: From Me


Ha ha, well, whatever it is it’s funny. You seem like you might be prone to getting into mischief… like the kind of girl who’d explore their parents’ forbidden attic or that old creepy abandoned house down the street.


Pop quiz, where would you rather go exploring: a distant mountain range, a tropical paradise, a vast wilderness or the urban jungle of a foreign city?


Extra points for being creative:)


This is where I drop the bomb and go all in. This is what I like to call a qualifying email message. The reason it’s called a qualifying message is because it’s designed to elicit an answer that will allow me to either filter her out as a girl that is not my type or gives her a chance to show me that she is my type. Note that this is designed for me personally and would be different for other people based on whatever their preference in dating type.

Email Message #5: From Jane


A little trouble is good for the soul. I love abandoned houses, I just try to avoid the illegal actions (breaking and entering and such).


I love mountains, last month we went to trail days in damascus,va and that is a beautiful place to explore, but what’s more interesting is digging through the people. There were so many different “types” of people all with fascinating stories. I adore cities also, back alleys and finding those amazing restraunts that no one else realize is there, or the authentic belly dance shop that draws you in (or whatever your passions may be at the time). I find it’s a lot like antiquing, when you find something that looks like junk but inside is marvelous (I greatly enjoy going to garage sales like that too).


:-)


Wow, she sounds super awesome right? She really gets into it and was able to elicit a personal and emotional response. She is revealing stuff about herself that she wouldn’t if she wasn’t attracted and interested in meeting me. She passes the qualifying question and the only thing left to do is to put the nail in coffin and arrange the meet up.

Email Message #6: From Me


Wow, you are adventurous, I think we need to start an explorers club, what do you think? How about we make our first adventure to get some ice cream cones?


There’s no need to keep the conversation now, the only goal is to get her number, real email or other contact information. Too many people get stuck in the online dating forever zone which seems to be a consistent problem. Your goal with online dating on sites like Plenty of Fish isn’t to make a pen pal, it’s to get dates in real life! So rather than let things fizzle in the virtual online realm, you need to move the interaction to an actual real date as soon as you’ve created attraction.

Email Message #7: From Jane


That would be great, you can call me this evening, here’s my # (555) 555-5555


~Jane


It worked!!!  Not only did it work but it was done in only 7 email messages.  There you have it folks, one of my best examples/sample of successful online dating emails and messages from where else but the PlentyofFish dating site.



Related posts:

  1. 7 Bad Examples of Dating Email Messages

  2. Anatomy of a Good PlentyofFish Email

  3. Announcing the 45 Day Online Dating Challenge

  4. Social Proof in Online Dating Profiles

  5. Plenty of Fish Password Email


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home